Tuesday, February 27, 2007

So Much to Do, So Little Time

I got a call from the elementary school last week. The secretary said that some mother of a high school student wanted me to accompany her daughter, who plays the flute, for a state competition. I called the woman and sure enough, I now have another commitment to fulfill. I met with the girl yesterday for our first practice. She is really good on the flute. She is playing a very advanced concerto and they said she would get docked points without piano accompaniment. The two together sound amazing, if I do say so myself. So Friday I will be in Reno playing at a high school music competition. The mother says to let her know what I want to charge, because she wants to compensate me for my time. I hate asking for a certain rate though. I am always happy to oblige a request for help with music anyway because I believe in it. I want to help students succeed and help the programs keep going.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

You are so good to do it and I am so glad you want to and have the ability to play like you do. Your talent blesses so many lives. Dad mailed your BD gift on Monday - he sent it cheap so it may take a long time to arrive, just know it's on its way. Love you.