Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off to a Good Start





So far, so good! We are in the middle of our third day of homeschool, and it's going well. The kids are actually learning things and staying on track. I'm discovering improvements I want to make for the second week already, like schedule adjustments, etc. We have a snack and recess for 15 minutes in the middle of school, which helps to break it up. Chores are getting done in the morning before we start, which is really nice because then we have a relatively clean house when we're done. Showers and bedtime are happening, another plus! The kids have a personal accomplishment chart where they have to complete certain things every day and earn star stickers for each item. At the end of the week, if they haven't missed more than two stars, they get a reward. This whole system is helping me be much more organized in life, too, which is something I've needed.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

We love the pictures!! and to hear how your home school adventure is going. Everyone looks wonderful. Dad wants to know if you've been giving Adam growth pills - he is sure shooting up there!

andalucy said...

Good luck with your homeschooling adventure! You seem like you would be really good at it.

I love the photos of all the kids hard at work at the table.

sweetlifeinthevalley said...

Hi Susannah-
I am your cousin April Atwater from Utah. It is fun to see you home schooling your kids. We starting homeschool this year and we are loving it!My sister's Becky & Bethany in Vermont both homescool too. It was fun to choose our Motto:The world is our campus & our Theme Pres. Hinkley's Be's & our family scripture Mosiah 4:15 to go along with our schooling. Best wishes with your family school.
April
See my blog www.sweetlifeinthevalley.com
www.aprilatwaterphotography.com
I also have a family blog if you would like to read I will need to add you because I have it private.