Friday, June 13, 2008

High Honors

Last night I went to an awards ceremony for Sedomocha Middle School. I didn't know anything about it, since my kids always seem to forget to keep me informed. However, my niece Autumn called me at 6:30 asking if I could drive her up to it and informing me that it started at 6:30. I told the kids about it and Brigham said, "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to go to that too." So we piled in the van and picked up Autumn. I figured we would be about 15 - 20 minutes late. When we got in there, they said that they had to change the time to 6:00, so we were really late. Anyway, they saw us come in and made sure they recognized the kids for their awards. Both Brigham and Autumn received High Honors for their sixth grade year and got a school letter besides. I was pleasantly surprised. None of my older kids have really excelled since starting middle school, and I just figured as long as they don't flunk out, we'd be doing okay. Brigham seems to be our most responsible kid. I've noticed that when he's asked to do a chore at home, he gets right on it, as opposed to most of his siblings. It's so nice to have a kid who is self-motivated. At least we can reassure ourselves that we must be doing something right. Way to go, Brigham!

0 comments: