Sunday, December 14, 2008

He's Here!

Thomas Spencer Atwater was born at 4:34 PM on Tuesday, December 9, 2008. He weighed 9 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. He has a full head of dark hair, chubby cheeks, and opened his eyes almost immediately after he was born. It was a somewhat difficult delivery, compared to previous ones I've experienced. I did have an epidural, but for some reason, they turned it down when it came time to push. What were they thinking!? His hand was up beside his head, so it took a long time for him to be born--about 45 minutes, which is long for my babies. I've realized that I'm definitely older and more worn out this time around. However, it is all worth it in the end. Pictures of Thomas will be posted as soon as I take some.

4 comments:

andalucy said...

Congratulations, Susannah!! That's wonderful news.

mandy said...

Bring on the pictures! I can't wait to see him!

CailĂ­n said...

Come on, you had to have taken pictures. We need pictures!

Carolyn said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see some pictures!